I've just published the package Siderite.StreamRegex, which allows to used regular expressions on Stream and TextReader objects in .NET. Please leave any feedback or feature requests or whatever in the comments below. I am grateful for any input.
Here is the GitHub link: Siderite/StreamRegex
Here is the NuGet package link: Siderite.StreamRegex
I am relatively new to the entire NuGet ecosystem. What I expected is for things to just work. You know... Microsoft. However the web of interdepencies seems to be too much even for them. The problems that appear when updating MVC versions, .NET Framework versions, etc, are as annoying as they are unclear. One example: I was trying to publish a project that worked perfectly on my system. I moved it to the server machine, and weird things began to happen. The most annoying of them all is that the errors that occur do that at runtime instead of at compile time. Such an error was "Could not load file or assembly System.Web.WebPages, Version=220.127.116.11...". The project reference for WebPages was 18.104.22.168. If I removed it and tried to add a reference, only versions 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199 were available. Meanwhile Razor was complaining that it didn't find the 188.8.131.52 version of WebPages. Long story short: don't try to resolve only the library dependencies, but also the framework dependencies. In this case, System.Web.WebPages 184.108.40.206 is only available for the .NET framework 4.5.1. The project was configured as 4.5. Updating the MVC framework after the change to .NET 4.5.1 solved it.
- Change the project version to 4.5.1 (or whatever the newest usable .NET framework version)
- go to the NuGet Package Manager Console in Visual Studio
- Run command Update-Package -reinstall Microsoft.AspNet.Mvc
This, of course, is not a panacea for all problems, but just remember that the .NET framework is important in these scenarios.