- I have found three basic methods:
- Use an online type of viewer.
You select the resolution, type in the URL of your site, then sit back and relax.
- I see a lot of problems for this method:
- you don't want everybody to know you are working on a site
- you don't want the site to be open to the public while you work on it
- you need an internet connection
- Use an external program.
BrowserSizer is as good as any. It's free and easy to use. You select the resolution and it resizes your IE window accordingly.
The only problem I see is that you need the program. You install it, it messes with your browser settings, etc.